Brain Battle Challenges
Here are some challenges from Battles past. Try them with your team as jumpstart to reframed thinking.
For true competive play see set-up and rules below.
Brain Battle - Competitive Play
- Group divided into small teams (2-5 brains each) ; if you don't have enough brains for at least 3 groups, then everyone can compete as individual player
- Blank copy paper, pens and black Sharpies for all participants
- Designated judge/judging panel - with set of 3 scoring paddles (or signs) for each judge. Ping pong paddles work great - tape "1" "3" or "5" on each paddle.
- Designated facilitator + score keeper
- Phone timer set for 7 minutes
- Prizes for winning brains!
- Challenge read aloud - with written copy given to each team
- Start timer - teams have 7 min. to generate as many answers to the Battle challenge as possible - go for quantity, but be sure to have some creative responses as well
- Teams record and number each answers
- When timer rings each team reports their number of responses -- receives 1 point for each response. Score keeper records.
- Teams have 3 minutes to select their 3 most creative/original answers to the challenge. Use sharpie to write each best response on separate peice of paper.
- Now for 3 rounds of Brain Battles
- During each round, Teams present one of their top answers for judging
- Using the paddles, judges award response a 1, 3 or 5
- 1 pt = common answer
- 3 pts = creative answer
- 5 pts = creative ninja
- If two teams present the same response - despite creativity - both teams receive only 1 point
- Scores tallied after each Battle - move on to a new Battle Challenge and repeat process.