Brainstorms: What to Expect
Here's how Braintrax delivers more Return On Ideation:
Step 1: Brain Dump
We interview you about the business problem that needs solving.
- We ask a lot of questions. And love immersing ourselves in your data and decks. We'll also probe your teams' default thinking - what solutions are currently working and why.
- Depending on your challenge, we'll be interested in target audience insight, brand strategy/messaging and industry competition.
- The more you share, the more effective we can be in designing the right brainstorm incite for your participants.
- We can also suggest inexpensive insight hacks. A favorite: 1q.com
- Of course we're happy to sign NDA.
We'll discuss your team dynamics - in terms of possible brainstorm participants. Plus how and who will be judging solutions. We want to be sure you have the right brains in the room for solution sell-in.
Output: Preliminary Brain Brief
Step 2: Q'storm
Q'storms are pre-mortems designed to stress-test your B'storm challenge. Ideally conducted with a small group of your brain trust - who may or may not be participating in the brainstorm.
Unlike our brainstorms, Q'storms are true spitballing sessions - but for good strategic reason. Using rapid-fire questions and question generation, we are able to compare our problem against other challenges.
Output: Real Brain Brief
Step 3: B'storm Build
We translate your business insight to brainstorm incite - a mix of facilitator talk track and unexpected brain tracks to properly amuse your brains. Our work includes creating:
- B'storm Brief
- Participant E-vite
- Participant Homework
- Brain Track excercises
- Idea starters
- Idea Evaluation Criteria
Step 4: Session Facilitation
We'll bring all the tools, toys and supplies. And never forget the carbs and caffeine.
Step 5: Brainstorm Harvest
Never judge a brainstorm by the notes. While your team might be excited with the immediate output - we see unripe ideas in need of strategic harvest.
- Our process includes quick debrief - what worked, what didn't, what ideas generated most energy,etc.
- Using session notes as springboard, we solo-storm your challenge producing additional with raw ideas.
- We then filter using your established idea criteria, synthesize and simplify.
- Formal Harvest doc highlighting best solutions delivered within week of brainstorm.